By Richard Weylman
In most industries, it is important to know how to leave a voice mail or a live message for someone that will cause them to call you back.
|Preparation and research can take time and effort, but it pays off many times over in the end!|
Here are some pointers to make it more likely they will return your call:
1. Avoid long, drawn-out messages — we hate receiving long messages, so don’t leave them for others, either!
2. Tell them just enough to make them want to call you back — pique their interest with one or two well-researched pieces of information.
3. Use the name of someone who referred you to them if possible — warm introductions are always the best!
4. Do your homework — research the company online before calling to discover pertinent information.
5. Speak in their language — again, do research to discover key words you can use.
6. Make a connection with the person you are trying to reach — try to learn ahead of time what their interests are or what organizations they are involved in.
Preparation and research can take time and effort, but it pays off many times over in the end! HBM