Learn from background checking services executives on what to do!
Adam Fingersh – Senior Vice President, Experian's Business Information Services:
|A simple background check can save a lot of collections headaches down the road.|
· Know what’s in your business credit report, and keep it accurate.
· Before doing business with others, check their business credit reports. This can make the difference between gaining or losing money.
· Visit the Experian resource site at http://www.BusinessCreditFacts.com for helpful tips.
Chelsea Reese – Sparz Intelligence Analyst:
· Verify. Businesses have hired illegal aliens and people with outstanding arrest warrants. Hiring illegal immigrants is a felony.
· Confirm employee references by calling.
· Tell potential employees their rights during the background check process.
· Don’t request information for background checks before someone talks to the candidates.
· Don’t let background check forms get leaked. Convicted candidates may lie if they know what’s on the form before filling it out.
· Don’t expect business intelligence services to commit illegal or unethical actions. Companies have been prosecuted for crossing the line. HBM
Christopher J. Bachler is a 20+-year veteran business writer and editor, based in Drexel Hill, PA. V18-6 Add: 6/12 HP: 9/11/12