The following are five reasons why small businesses should self-publish (open publish) a book:
1. Marketing. Being able to hand someone a book is more powerful and memorable than giving them a brochure or business card.
|Self-Publishing gets easier and easier each year for home-based entrepreneurs.|
2. Expertise. Having a book on a topic or niche is an effective way to establish a company or person as an expert in their field.
3. Sales. Offering a book for sale adds another revenue stream for small businesses.
4. Taxes. Small businesses have the advantage of being able to claim a tax deduction for any expenses related to preparing the book for publication.
5. Extension. A book offers an extension of a person's business. It will give customers the opportunity to learn more.
Lulu.com, founded in 2002, is a company that specializes in open publishing, giving small business authors the ability to publish everything from print and eBooks, to calendars and cookbooks, to photo books and mini books. Visit www.lulu.com. V19-4 Add: 9/12 HP: Car: 10/9/12